Ok, so in the past I was never known for travelling light..
I’m a girl who still needs variety & I don’t like to feel like I’m wearing the same thing over & over. I call myself a mood dresser, sometimes I feel like wearing certain things & other times I don’t!
Equally I hate handing money over for excess baggage & love avoiding those loooong bag collecting queues where I can
So how do I get variety without tipping the suitcase scales??
Check out my 5 top tips for smart packing
1. Plan, plan, plan: You need to mix and match your little heart out before your trip!! Every item that comes on holiday with you needs to earn its spot. They need to work hard and most of the items must be able to work back with everything else (please refer to pictures) Think of those staple pieces in your wardrobe that you can dress up & down easily.
2. Colour co-ordinate: I personally like to pack mostly neutrals, then you can easily add pops of colour if that’s your style. This gives you lots of variety & options.
3. Avoid the black trap: Just like your wardrobe at home, your travel wardrobe needs both light and dark options to create variety (please refer to pictures) Pack lighter & darker options for pants, tops, jackets & shoes where you can.
4. Rolling: This is a key technique when it comes to compact traveling, it has revolutionised my packing & will also minimize creasing.
5. Think: Hard about the weather and what activities you will be doing in your trip. I just made the mistake of packing my whole suitcase before checking the weather and saw it will be a maximum of 10 degrees in Queenstown, so off I go swapping a few things over & adding a few extra warmer layers than what’s in the pictures!
Sticking to the rules above also gave me a little spare room in my suitcase to add in a few extra spoil pieces in case I was in the mood for something different.. The extra items I added were a puffa, thermal, plain dark denim Jean, 2 evening tops, hoodie & a trusty pair of heels! Here are just some of the combinations…. I trust this post was valuable & happy packing 👌🏻